COULD YOU BE A VOLUNTEER?
OAM volunteers are passionate about changing the negative perception of albinism and making a difference in the life of a PWA
WHAT DO OAM VOLUNTEERS DO?
Volunteer’s do vital work for the foundation, including:
- Sharing information with friends, family or co-workers
- Giving interactive and fun presentations to groups and clubs
- Inspiring others to sponsor a child
- Participating in and promote campaigns throughout the year
- Representing OAM Foundation at events
- Positively promoting OAM Foundation through local and social media.
OAM Volunteers are given an induction and before they begin and may be asked to carry out at least three speaking engagements each year.
Ways to get involved
As a volunteer you can get involved by:
- Inspiring family, friends, colleagues and your networks to support the charity
- Giving short talks on the NGO and albinism to a variety of community groups and providing feedback
- Setting up a fundraising group with friends, family or colleagues
- Getting people involved in our latest fundraising appeals and campaigns
- Promoting sign-ups to our events to friends, family and your networks
- Making introductions to your contacts who may support the charity
- Volunteering and assisting at events
What we ask of you
This role would suit you if you:
- Have public speaking skills (not essential)
- Enjoy fundraising and would like to connect with like-minded people
- Have a connection with schools, organizations or institutions that are open to albinism awareness seminars
What we offer in return
We are committed to supporting our volunteers and offer the following:
- A monthly e-newsletter giving you ways to get involved
- Quarterly meetings and the opportunity to meet other members of the team
- Resources to help you fundraise and give talks/presentations on Albinism and the foundation
- Regular updates about the foundation and the difference you are making
- Reimbursement of out-of-pocket expenses related to work for the foundation
OAM Volunteer Application Form!
Congratulations on your decision to volunteer with OAM Foundation. All the information you give will be treated confidentially and wouldn’t be used for any other purpose besides that of the foundation. Volunteer positions are always part-time, non paid and you will be expected to serve in one of our teams with other dynamic professionals who share similar interests. You are kindly encouraged to complete all parts of the form so please feel free to express yourself to the best of your ability. Together, Let's Do More...